Sunday, March 22, 2009

julie

People are awesome. Here is my proof. I went to the hospital to have my blood work done (i still have to go once a month until July) from the Molar Pregnancy. I signed in at the kiosk to register. I waited only a minute when a lady came out of the office and asked for "McCall?"
I stood up and said hi.
Here is how the rest of the conversation went:
lady(shocked): Oh, I was sure you had put your name in wrong.
me: Yeah, they usually file me as Scott McCall at the dentist. Haha.
lady(still shocked): Well, come to desk #1 and I'll get you registered.
me: Sure!
Now we're at desk #1
lady: So, is Scott your married name or your maiden name?
me: It's my married name.
lady: What was your maiden name?
me: Cooper
lady(now more shocked): Have you EVER asked your mom why she didn't name you Julie, or something normal?
me: Nope.

15 comments:

Watches To Go said...

ok, you officially crack me up! You always run into the craziest people! BTW, I debated bringing you the pictures tonight but was worried about if I was going to interrupt anything on the tv......take care girl!

Watches To Go said...

um, this is stacy jones by the way.....

Kristen said...

Did you ask her what her name was?

Kelly said...

Why do people think your name is so wierd? So funny!

Trinity said...

How weird if you were named Julie!

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Did you punch her???

Barb said...

okay! I wonder what the freek her name is, probably something like martha or Bertha. I love your name! Oh that's right I named you.

Shayne said...

That lady is a weirdo. She is judging you by your name? I mean if she got to know you and thought you were weird, I could totally see that but she can't just go on your name and assume you are wacky even if you are.

Camille said...

I am going to start calling you Julie! I haven't heard that name in a long time!

QnA Drapers said...

That is funny- We actually have a baby sitter here anmed- MaKall. You guys look great!

KT Bundy said...

I've never thought of your name as being weird!

KA said...

I can seriously see your face during that conversation. Especially with the "nope." Thanks for making me laugh!

randi said...

That is hilarious! I personally love your name. You know, don't you want to just say sometimes,"did you really just say that?" People just don't think!!! A boy (18 yrs old) in our ward died of cancer, but before he died he was really sick and required alot of care. And after he died someone said to his mom, "it must be easier for you now that he's gone" then she clarified, "well I mean he was so much work and now he's with heavenly father"...OK really why would you even associate the word EASY with losing a child. There's nothing EASY about it!!! Wake up people and think before you speak!

Kenzie said...

That is so funny! I do wonder why out of all the names she chose Julie? Some people need to not work with the public.

Lesley said...

She's the weird one is McCall is new to her.