Sunday, September 14, 2008

let's hear it for the boy


Saturday was opening day of the Antelope Hunt Jaren has been looking forward to. He has been trying to draw out for this hunt for 4 years - and was he ever excited!
He took off Friday night after a day of preparations including: getting his new camper ready, packing, shopping, and crossing off EVERY item from his carefully prepared Excel Spreadsheet! A friend and fellow hunter [who did not draw out this year] went with him.
He had planned to come home Monday night and go back out the next weekend if needed, but I got the call Saturday afternoon while in SG that he got one!!!
He took the shot from 600 yards away and actually hit it twice [that's impressive I'm told] and is very happy with what he got. When he made the shot[s] Brock was a few hundred yards away and saw the whole thing, he was so excited and impressed he came flying toward Jaren on the Mule - Baja style - screaming, "You Rock! No Way!"
Jare came home last night and took the boys and I out for a night in the camper and treated us to another delicious mountain breakfast.
Next feat: the deer hunt!

15 comments:

Kristen said...

Love how the music matches the post. Nice job McCall. Good job on the hunt! Are you going to be eating it?

Melissa said...

Bet the boys can't wait until they can go.

Trinity said...

Poor thing! (the antelope)
But way to go Jaren.

Ty and Janene said...

Yahoo Jaren! I am probably the only girl that thinks its cool to hunt! Thats a nice looking rack tell McCall it will go beautifully in her new front entry way heehee! My bro just got one too in Wyoming.

daisy said...

Way to go Jaren! I bet Cooper and Porter were sooo excited!

Jaren said...

Thanks for commenting on my rack Janene. I don't know how much of it McCall will be eating, but yes we will be eating it.

mccall... said...

I will be eating none.

Kelly said...

Come on McCall what girl doesn't want to eat antelope?!

Camille said...

Do people really eat antelope? I hope not! Nice job Jaren!

Megan Andersen said...

WTG Fire! That is awesome!! My hubby is getting into the whole hunting thing himself--& a big NO for me on eating any of it too!!!

kourtney said...

That is impressive, so I've been told from you and whoever told you. But really how cool. That's all you want to do on a hunt and he did it!

Marci said...

Woo Hoo! Good job Fire! That is impressive. Congratulations on drawing out! That's awesome! Good luck on the deer hunt...it's coming fast! McCall, I want to see you all decked out in camo!! Hey I'm coming down this weekend to do my neices engagement pictures, if you end up in SG give me a call!

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Juddy is going to be way jealous. I love hunting season, because Juddy takes the boys for the weekend and I am all alone for a couple of days. McCall aren't you glad you have boys, daddies little huntin buddies.

Unknown said...

I will never understand the photo with the dead animal and the hunter holding up the limp head, but congrats Jaren. The house looks good you will be in soon!!! The end is almost here.

bethi said...

Thats awesome!! my hubby is counting down the days before the hunt! my boys cant wait until they can go too!