Saturday, October 25, 2008

haven

Friday night I got a call from my friend Stacy inviting us to a friends and family dinner at their new restaurant Haven in St George. IT WAS AMAZING! I'm going to rave - not just because it's Stacy's, but because it was so good and I want everyone to go!

They expected to open Friday and had a bunch of food that needed to be cooked, so they had a small private party. They did a limited menu... we had a spinach salad [jaren said it was the best salad he had ever had] to start, then the choice of salmon, fillet or rib eye [Camille got the fillet, the rest of us had the rib eye] with dutch oven potatoes [not your typical potatoes however]. The steaks were all topped with seasoned sauteed onions, and the meat comes from a butcher in Kanab. It was HONESTLY the first and ONLY time I have ever eaten a steak without A1. The meat they get is delivered daily and is the most aged steak in St George, it was so full of flavor and so tender!
OK let's talk about dessert. We had a made from scratch [EVERYTHING they serve is] chocolate cake with a hint of raspberry - heavenly!
The atmosphere is incredible, really nice, but not uncomfortable, loud but not annoying, cute waiters & waitresses, and a cool pass through window where you can see the cooks working!
The restaurant should open on Monday and is on Blackridge Drive [right by Design Theory]
Seriously... GO!

7 comments:

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

If I hear you come to St. George again and I don't see you I am going to kick your ass. Just Kiddin. Looks nice we will have to check it out. You look like you are feeling good.

Emily said...

I have been wanting to try that and am glad it is finally opening. I will for sure be there soon and it sounds like something Brady would like as well.

Kisten Downey said...

Hey chicki sorry we couldn't make it.. things have been so crazy lately.. so busy let us know when we can come up and see your beautiful home we miss you.

Megan Andersen said...

We will definitly check it out--we love experiencing anything new, especially in St. George!

Kenzie said...

I had no idea that was Stacy's restaurant. Has she tried every career possible? Every time I see her she is doing something different. Brett's cousin works there. We will have to try it for a date night or something. I am glad you are feeling better and up and at em'.

Anonymous said...

LAME!

HAHA

Julie said...

MCCALL! I dont even know if you remember me (well how could you forget the mess that was the YW PRESIDENCY in Vegas?) LOL! This is Julie Hustead. I came across your blog at the McCurdy's blog. My husband served his mission here in IL. W/ TY! Small world isn't it?! Anyway, My mom passed away from Breast Cancer two years ago and so we moved back to northern Illinois to help out my Dad. I have thought of you ever so often and wondered how you were doing! We have two boys as well. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you. My email is (julzhustead@gmail.com) or my blog is handfullofhusteads.blogspot.com