Friday, May 22, 2009

kindergarten graduate...

Cooper made it through his first year of school! Hooray! He LOVED school and was above average on all of his testing. His teacher was Michelle Vasi, who we LOVE.
He was in the p.m. class with most of the other kids in the neighborhood.

We heard some GREAT stories from Cooper throughout the year.
Stories that I don't want to forget!

Coopers favorite things about Kindergarten were the "show and teach bucket," PE and recess. He did not like Power Hour.

He told us that at recess the girls would line up to whisper in his ear that they wanted to marry him cuz he's the hottest one in the class. WOW.
The picture above Coops head is his self portrait.
What do you think? Jay Leno or the guy from The Incredibles...

He is CERTAIN that he is the best, fastest, strongest etc. at
whatever they do in PE or at recess.

Wednesday was "crazy hair day" at school. Cooper wanted blue hair. He wanted me to take a picture with a mean face, to go with his hair. 100% his idea.
Just because I bleached his hair and then added permanent blue does not make me a bad mom, right? I was just participating :)

He said they voted in his class for who had the best hair. Everyone voted for Cooper, INCLUDING COOPER, except for 1 boy.
He voted for himself and got 2nd.


At the end of the year swimming party, he told me that when he takes his shirt off at the pool, all the girls will probably scream. SERIOUSLY.

Aside from being VERY confident, he really is a sweet boy. He gets his chores done, is usually nice to Porter, works hard with his dad at the farm, is nice to kids and adults alike, and is fun to be around. We are so proud of him and look forward to many more years of great stories!!!

9 comments:

Trinity said...

All the girls probably will scream. Who'd he get for 1st grade. Rylee is in Mrs. Prisbrey's class.

Kristen said...

Seriously so cute. My kids were just looking at the pic and said "man, he looks different than he used to". Ummmm...yeah he's not a baby anymore. And I love his crazy blue hair.

Christina P. said...

I am loving his self portrait! He is a little stud! I remember the first time Weston used the word "Hot" when referring to a girl. Ya, weird! Our boys are growing up!

Julie said...

Oh man the whole post killed me. Boys are hilarious!

Mom said...

What a cute grandson I have! He is awesome and I love that you help him be cool!

Congrats on graduating, Coop! You are the man!

Love Nanny

daisy said...

That's why we LOVE him. Congrats Cooper!!!!

Brady said...

Why didn't you just take the clippers and shave right down the middle of his head? Oh wait, you've already done that before...:)

Tell Cooper congratulations from the Fonnesbecks!

Barb said...

Soup!!I cant believe you are already in the lst Grade!, I remember you when you just started Kindergarden. You are getting so old. Mimi loves you the most remember.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame those girls in his class. He is one handsome little guy!!