Monday, May 4, 2009

meow...

The cat is out of the bag... I'm opening a dance studio this fall! Before you freak out about me have 4 jobs {all of which I happen to LOVE} believe me when I say 1. I can handle it and 2. it's not what it seems
After becoming more and more involved in the "dance world" in Cedar in the 5 years we have been here I have realized a few things: 1. there are many dancers and parents who have not found the "right" studio for them 2. there are so many incredible dancers/teachers here who are not being utilized because they don't have the opportunity - it is my intention to provide another "option" for dancers and the "opportunity" for teachers!
I plan to act as the director, overseeing the program as a whole, not teaching the classes. I do intend to teach each class once a month. This will enable me to be at the studio 1 day a week, keep things moving in the direction I intend, and boss people around which is what I truly LOVE!!!
The studio will be named "gravity dance center" and will open in August. We are working now on a website, flyers, and just getting up and running!
Wish me luck!

14 comments:

daisy said...

It will be awesome! I only wish it were closer.

Marci said...

Seriously, I wish I had your energy!! You are amazing! I'm sure that it will all fall into place for you! CONGRATULATIONS! And Good luck!

Kelly said...

I freaked just a little when I heard but after talking to you about it, it makes perfect sense! It will be a HUGE success!! Just like everything else that you do. Good Luck getting it going. I love the name too!

Michelle said...

How fun and exciting!

Mohey Tawa said...

Go McCall. This day has been a long time coming!!

Julie said...

You are so ambitious. That is great. I was just reminiscing the good memories of dancing with you in your studio in St. George. Those were fun times. If only I lived in Cedar then maybe I'd have the guts to take a class (deep down I am dying to do so). Good Luck with it all.

Heidi said...

McCall, Seriously girl you are crazy talented. I know it will be a success.

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

You are awesome If anyone can do it it is you. Yeah I love bossing people around too but I only get to do it at home and Luke yells at me and says he wants a new mom. Someday I will have a dream job where I can boss people around too. LOL

Kristen said...

You are amazing...I can't believe you didn't spill the beans earlier. Good luck...you'll do great.

Megan Andersen said...

If anyone can do it then it is you! Way to ambitious & fulfill your dreams!! I envy you.

Megan Andersen said...

That is "way to BE ambitious & fulfill your dreams". Seriously, I hate how you can't edit your comments after you post them--I always sound like such an idiot!

Emma said...

You are seriously Superwoman, or Shera or something of that sort. How do you ever do it all??? I wish I had your ambition and take on the world attitude! You go girl! I'm sure your new project will be a success!

Camille said...

Every thing you touch turns to gold so I KNOW it will be a HUGE success! If only Lily enjoyed dancing!

Megan Andersen said...

Hi it's me again! Just wanted you to know that I am going private--so when your busy buns get a second, drop by & leave me your email. Thanks Chica!!