Monday, June 2, 2008

Best Of State


Jaren & I spent the weekend in Salt Lake for the Best of State Gala. Circle 4, where Jaren works, won and they asked Jaren to attend and accept the award. It was a Black Tie event, so I of course wouldn't pass it up! It was held at the Salt Palace in the Grand Ballroom. There were about 1,000 people there, and it was just like the Academy Awards (you can see Jare on the left side of the screen, there were 2 HUGE screens with images of the stage).


They served dinner and had presenters & guest performances. It was fun to get dressed up. We woke up Sunday and went to The Original Pancake House for breakfast and spent a few hours at Ikea before going back to St George to get the boys from my sister. They had tons of fun playing with their cousin, Kahlil. Thanks Kat & Anthony!

5 comments:

Megan Andersen said...

McCall! I am so glad that I came across your blog!! Your boys are darling, & you look amazing!!! I read all about your Cabo trip, what a blast! You gave me some good ideas of what to do there (we are going next week). Thanks for letting me have this sneak peak into your life...I love this blogging thing, it makes it so easy to keep in touch. I will drop in again soon.
Megan (Welch)
P.S. I am so jealeous if this is one of your highschool prom dresses you are wearing?

Camille said...

We must be blogging at the same time! Looks like lots of fun! Your dress is gorgeous/glamorous! I still have Fancy Nancy vocab on the brain! Ooh la la!

Kenzie said...

FUN!! You guys are having way to many vacations without kids. I am not sure that is fair!! How fun to get all doozed(don't know how to spell that). Did you pretend like you were at the academy awards? I was laughing the other day at us when we would pretend to be celebrities and interview each other. I am sure the video tape is somewhere. Oh, the good old days:)

kourtney said...

Oh McCall or should I say gorgeous? Your boys are adorable too! I'm so glad that I found you. I wish I could have been in Cabo with you. So fun! Let's check in on one another. Kourtney (hartung) Dalley

susanjeane said...

So glad to know about your blog. Nice work, Jar!