Sunday, June 8, 2008

Call Me Crazy...


A few weeks ago I got a call from SUU offering me the position as The Waukeenyan Coach (SUU's Dance Team). The current coach had an opportunity in California she wanted to pursue, but didn't feel like she could leave until she found the "perfect" person to replace her... and she thought that person was me.
I got the details and thought & prayed about it, talked to Jaren, and decided to TAKE IT! But here's the kicker: I'm going to continue coaching at the High School as well. I took over that team 2 years ago and they went from placing LAST at Region to SWEEPING Region this past year! It has been SO rewarding and I LOVE the girls, so I can't walk away. The difference is the High School pays basically nothing, and the college pay is GREAT! i never took the high school position for the money, but I've realized that I love it, so I might as well get paid!!!
I knew, however, something had to give. So I decided to sell my half of the jeans business to Amanda (my partner) and give that up. It was a hard decision, but I still want to continue to do hair 1 day a week. It's a great social out for me, and I love the extra money. So I've worked out my schedule to accommodate high school and college practice (I'll start at 5:45am and finish at 8:30am) so that I won't have much time away from the boys. We already go to most of the college games, so this is just a way to get in free...right?
Whatever it is I'm really excited about my new endeavor. Wish me luck and thanks for indulging my ramblings! And if you're ever at an SUU event, cheer for the dancers!

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats!!! That is so awesome!

Lesley said...

Yea! Congratulations! You will do a fantastic job!

[BrookeO] said...

Seriously what can you not do?! You will be awesome at it, dance teams everywhere --- WATCH OUT!!

daisy said...

Again. You are amazing! That is awesome. I love that they FOUND YOU.

kourtney said...

Yeah, now I know where to go for a great dance show. Any where in Cedar. I loved your play on words, "here's the kicker". Nicely done, even if you weren't planning it. Can't wait to hopefully, maybe some day see you.

Kristen said...

I can never keep up with what you are doing. You are always up to something new. That is really cool though.

Kisten Downey said...

you are out of control lady... you are always on the run... maybe someday we will get up there to see you.. we miss you...

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Great job! I always dreamed of being a dancer like you ... my body loves to dance but doesn't quite look like yours!!!

I was going to try & make your jeans party Friday, but if you sold it maybe I won't try AS hard. :)

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

I got to go to Finland with Coby last May & I loved it - you for sure would! I would live there in a heart beat! Hopefully when you go the dollar isn't so crappy - we are getting ripped off big time! The family that Coby stays with is a part member family - I wonder if Jaren knows them ... Sannalina Sanine.

Anyway - here are some posts w/photos from last year.

http://ashlynnmitchell.blogspot.com/2007/05/helsinki-finland.html

http://ashlynnmitchell.blogspot.com/2007/05/helsinki-finland-more.html

Melissa Hirschi said...

I'm sad you're not selling jeans anymore. I have loved stoping by, trying on jeans and catching up on the way to St. George. But CONGRATS! on the new position at SUU. You're going to be great.

Kenzie said...

McCall-that is so neat!! Look how far you have come from the good old days of Encore. I am jealous, I wish I were better at dance and could do fun stuff like you are. You are going to be one busy gal. But I am sure you will love every minute of it. Congratulations:)

Megan Andersen said...

Congratulations McCall! You will be great!! You are perfect for that job...you have the personality, the dance experience, & the good looks. The girls will love you!!!

Emily said...

That's great! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

Christina P. said...

Wow!! You are going to be one busy girl!! You are so lucky to be doing something that you are so passionate about. And getting paid for it!!

Jillyn said...

Good for you. You will do an awesome job and I will for sure keep following your teams. Always fun to check out your blog and see what you guys are up to.

Melissa said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting. You will be awesome and we will totally cheer for you.