Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Him's Hair Is Red Like Me!"


About 6 weeks ago our friends, The Hills, cat had kittens. Porter has always LOVED their cat and I told Jaren that I wanted to get one for Porter. Coop has a dog (that lives at the bird property) which Porter is kind of nervous around, so a cat was NATURALLY the next best choice! Jaren does NOT love cats. I think they are great. The come and go as they please, don't poop on the grass, don't require a lot of affection or attention, and they keep the bugs and mice down!
So we got a cat.It IS an OUTDOOR CAT! Porter named him "Crabby Patty" (yep, the boys love Sponge Bob - Jaren included).

We picked him up Monday night. On the way home Porter was holding him and said to us, in the happiest voice ever, "Him's hair is red like me!" Priceless!

7 comments:

susanjeane said...

I am so glad to know about this blog! What a cutie (and I don't mean the kittie, but he's kind of cute, too)

daisy said...

I hope that cat doesn't mind being petted because Porter is the King. Actually that is probably a perfect fix for him and the cat. Brilliant. And so so cute. Love that picture.

Michelle said...

I LOVE his hair!!! So cute

Marci said...

That has to be the cutest picture!! I love it! He is a doll!

Bingham Family said...

Haha! That is so cute!

Kenzie said...

That is so cute. I am a mean mom and won't let my kids get any animals. We have a fish and I am not sure if it is still alive-I haven't fed it in a while. I am not sure if any water is left in the bowl either. So I don't even want to think of a real animal I have to take care of. Plus my kids are scared to death of any four legged creature that moves. My kids also LOVE spongebob. I can't stand it, but it keeps them entertained.

Megan Andersen said...

I love his hair, & his beautiful big blue eyes...what a cutie!