Thursday, July 24, 2008

this is the place!

We left Wednesday afternoon and headed to Beaver Mountain for a short camping trip. I have been overwhelmed with the house, SUU dance camp (we leave Sunday for 5 days in Cali) and Mohey, oh and 2 crazy boys! Jaren had been asking to go camping, so I told him if he took care of EVERYTHING and I just had to show up, I was game. Well he did and it was great! Some of the highlights were: a great dutch oven dinner cooked by Jare (including dessert), a gorgeous camp site right by the lake, seeing the boys in nature and loving it, Coop the pyro, sharing a tent, a great breakfast, a long ride on the mule (UTV, not animal) and an even longer nap in the mountain air while Jaren shot his bow with the boys!


While it was fun to be in the mountains for a few hours, I am grateful I was not a Pioneer... props to those who crossed the plains so we can enjoy what we have here in Utah. If you ask us, it IS the place!

6 comments:

Camille said...

Yeah! I love camping! I am determined to get Bobo to walk before the summer is over so we can get a camping trip in. I don't want to take a crawler! I bet the boys had a blast! (Jaren included)!

Kelly said...

Looks way fun, I am glad you were able to relax for a minute!

Kristen said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you got to get away from all of you craziness.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Hey McCall...this is Rachelle from jetettes! thought I'd say HI and tell you what a cute family you have! so fun!
I have to come back to catch up on what's going on in your life...but I was excited to find you off of McKenzie's blog!

Megan Andersen said...

How nice for you to have Fire do all the work (does anyone even call him that anymore?).

Trinity said...

That's awesome that you said jump and Jaren jumped. Not really, I just think that it's awesome that he made it fun for you and took care of all the junk that goes along with camping.