Friday, August 1, 2008

earth-shakin good time!


I got back last night from my trip to Anaheim with the Waukeenyans. It was lots of fun, but it's nice to be home! Here are some of the highlights:
We left Sunday afternoon, my friend Janene & I each drove an SUU van full of girls. It was fun getting to know the team on the long drive there. Monday was a full day of dancing (for the girls at least). Janene and I hit the mall in the afternoon. Christina Milian was at the camp to learn some choreography for a new movie.
We also found this great Ice Cream stand on Harbor Blvd. It's called Joes Italian Ice & Ice Cream, and if you haven't been, it's definatly worth a trip!
Tuesday Janene and I spent some time at DownTown Disney, and got back to the Convention Center JUST IN TIME for "the earthquake". It was really scary and lasted about 15 seconds. Wednesday we shopped a little more and watched the girls perform - I have an incredible team this year! We made ANOTHER trip to Joes for one last treat before heading home early Thursday morning.

3 comments:

susanjeane said...

Glad you had fun with the girls. They will love you, I know.
Hopefully you didn't have to do any babysitting - they should be responsible by this age, I would hope.

Not sure I will make a trip to Aneheim for the ice cream, but if we ever go to Disneyland again, I'll check out "Joes". Sounds pretty tasty right now!

Loved the house when we stopped by last Friday!

Camille said...

Got to try that ice cream place for sure! You know me and my ice cream problem!

Megan Andersen said...

Glad you had a good time. I will have to come watch your team perform sometime this year. I think that it is so cool that a good majority of the girls from our highschool team are still involved with dance in on way or another...what a loser I am...I cannot even do the splits anymore!