Sunday, November 23, 2008

a few of these...


I spent 9 hours at the high school yesterday trying to CREATE a prop routine that we have to compete with in 2 WEEKS! I don't know how many Cokes & Diet Cokes I had.

I stopped counting.
This is the first year coaching that I haven't felt prepared for competition. Seriously no prop routine!
Here is how drill team goes in case you're not familiar: in order to qualify for State each team MUST compete with a Military, Dance and (it rotates between) Prop or Novelty Routine. Teams normally go to 3 invitationals before Region to get a feel for what the judges think. You can also compete with other routines like hip hop, lyrical, kick and officers at the invitationals, but not at Region.
This year I decided to compete with the required 3 and add Kick as well.
But we aren't ready.
Military, Dance & Kick are ready, but I don't have a Prop Routine.
Again, no Prop Routine and competition is in 2 weeks.
WOW!

10 comments:

daisy said...

You can do it. I saw this hilarious synchronized swimming routine once that a group of people did out of the water. They wore caps and goggles on their heads, and at one point had sharks swimming around (someone holding the shark, running around), also flipping blue material around to look like water. Start all over and DO that and we will drive up to see it.

By the way I thought the Halloween routines were awesome. Maybe you should just keep doing what you are doing.

Julie said...

Hi McCall! I don't worry about you...you're so creative. I must admit that reading your post sent a serge of drill team emotion through me...remembering the stratedy all over again. How fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

You can pull it off. You always do. I loved your Halloween routine too it was awesome. Good luck.

KA said...

That is a lot of pressure. Especially considering the amazing novelty that you pulled off last year. Good Luck.

Kelly said...

I know whatever you come up with will be awesome!! Maybe your college girls could help you.

Trinity said...

9 hours?!

I am so sorry. I'm sure you will pull it off however. That's you!

Kenzie said...

Good Luck! That is such a big job. I don't know how you do it.

Kisten Downey said...

Hey chicki everybody keeps asking me when the party is... WELL

KT Bundy said...

I didn't know you were doing drill team. You'll do great. just bust out some of those jettet dance moves!

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :) ♥ Hugs!